Thursday, July 9, 2009

Biella signed Soragna for 3 seasons


Angelico Biella announced Tuesday that former captain Matteo Soragna signed a three-year agreement with the club. Soragna (199, 33) returns to Biella after five seasons at Benetton Treviso. He played for Biella between 200 and 2004. Soragna has been one of Benetton's most consistent players in recent seasons and gives Biella much-needed European experience ahead of the Eurocup campaign.

Last season Soragna averaged 6.8 points on 51.4% three-point shooting in 24 minutes over 13 Eurocup games, helping the club reach the Eurocup Final Eight.

"I'm pleased that I was wanted here," Soragna said. "Biella is growing and has big plans and I am happy to be able to take part. I am delighted that after five years away I found the interest and enthusiasm towards me from the club and I return with great enthusiasm."



Bookmark and Share


0 comments: